Centre of Excellence - Resources
As we develop the Centre of Excellence, this is the place to find additional resources, including articles and academic or conference papers. Among the topics we expect to provide resources are:
- Carbon savings – combat climate change and lower emissions through low carbon technologies in heat, power and transport.
- Cost savings – share and recycle resources such as secondary waste heat, between buildings in a neighbourhood, contributing to an extremely efficient system and creating cost savings for end consumers.
- Energy security – intelligently link and optimise local energy supply, storage and use, reducing peak load and minimising the risk of power cuts.
- Air quality – clean, renewable energy and EVs, limiting emissions of harmful pollutants and creating a healthier local environment.
- Fuel poverty alleviation – provide affordable warmth through savings on consumer bills for large numbers of residents.
- Community empowerment – co-design with residents, businesses and other stakeholders, ensuring the local community is engaged with and benefits from its energy system.
- District heating and heat pumps, including fifth generation low temperature heat networks
- Mobility, with an emphasis on smart and electrified systems
- Maidment, G., Revesz, A. and De Almeida Marques, A. (2021) A holistic design approach for 5th Generation Smart Local Energy systems: project GreenSCIES. Energy. 242, p. 122885. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2021.122885
- Marques, C., Tozer, R., Revesz, A., Dunham, C., Jones, P., Matabuena, R., Bond, C., Roscoe Papini Lagoeiro, H., Wegner, M., Davies, G. and Maidment, G. (2020) GreenSCIES – Green Smart Community Integrated Energy Systems – Integration with Data Centres Conference paper presented at the Institute of Refrigeration TechTalk Webinar London 2 April 2020
- Marques C., Dunham C., Jones P., Turnell H., Revesz, A. and Maidment, G. (2021). Opportunities and challenges for Implementing Smart Local Energy Systems in Cities and Towns, demonstrated through case studies. 2022 ASHRAE Winter Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA 29 Jan – 02 Feb 2022
GreenSCIES Centre of Excellence Home Page