Event: Smart Energy Networks of the Future
Sustainable Innovation in Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Heat Pumps (SIRACH) Network meeting focused on Smart Energy Networks of the Future and brought together experts in the field of smart networks to share their insights.
- Welcome from Cllr Claudia Webbe, Executive Member for Environment and Transport, Islington Council
- Why low-temperature networks are important in the future. Bob Critoph, LoT-NET
- GreenSCIES: a feasibility study of a fifth-generation district heating and cooling integrated smart energy network in London. Islington Council
- Secondary heating and cooling opportunities in cities – Joanna Kuleszo, Project Luster
- Networking workshop – Future potential of smart energy networks.
This session discussed where smart energy networks will be by 2050. It explored what changes will be required in attitudes, behaviour, and legislation to promote and popularise their use.
- Lessons learned from current smart energy projects – Tanja Groves, Sweco.
- Case Study from Islington: How heat networks can deliver social, environmental and financial benefits to a local community Francis Ugboma, Head of Energy, Islington Council
- Creating bankable energy assets in London’s South Bank, Rajvant Nijjhar, Bankenergi
- Available funding for heat networks – Joel Hamilton, BEIS, Heat Network Delivery Unit
GreenSCIES presents at the ASHRAE Conference
Three LSBU experts spoke at the 2023 ASHRAE Conference in Atlanta, each highlighting an aspect of the learnings taken from GreenSCIES.
GreenSCIES at CoP27 in Sharm El Sheikh
Graeme Maidment from GreenSCIES spoke at a side event at CoP27 called “How can buildings and communities achieve self-sufficiency as a key aspect towards the Smart and Sustainable City?” organised by Morocco.
South London Low Carbon Innovation Network launch
London South Bank University (LSBU) and Big South London have launched a new Low Carbon Innovation Network, a dynamic networking and business development programme bringing together businesses and researchers from across the low carbon and sustainability sector in South London.